Wednesday 9 July 2008

Home At Last


Isabel finally made it home yesterday!!! She's been doing great, eating still tires her out a lot, so they recommended I supplement breastfeeding with a bottle afterward, because that's easier for her to drink. Otherwise, all is good. With her anyway. Yesterday I think I tried to do too much and by the end of the day, I was spent. So when the hospital called saying we could come get her, I forgot clothes, ablanket, everything. The nurse said she had never had a mother do that before. Yeah, I'm a good Mom. Then I didn't sleep much last night. At 5 AM when I was just about to go back to bed--after feeding Isabel and then pumping--Ana came in the kitchen saying she was hungry. Me, being the good Mom I am, hadn't really fed her dinner the night before as we were rushing around to go pick up Isabel. Anyway, I gave her a cookie. She took three bites and promptly threw up all over the kitchen floor. I sent her back to bed and checked her temp and it was 102.4, which is when I woke up Leo to go buy children's Tylenol. (I swear we had some, but we couldn't find it. Errr.) Leo tried several places, and for some unexplainable reason none of them were open 24 hours. I don't get that, in Arizona everything is open 24 hours. I guess that's because people only go out after the sun is down and it cools off a bit. Anyway, Elena woke up at this point too, and wouldn't go back to bed. I had a tad bit of an emotional breakdown at that point--Leo was supposed to be getting ready to go to work at 7 AM and I would have been by myself with Ana sick and Elena trying to smother the baby with kisses and no sleep. The end result was that Leo did not go to work today. He stayed home and let me sleep almost the entire day. Leo is an angel. I really, really mean that.

I mean just look at this angelic face.

Okay, so this one is a bit sweeter. This while Isabel was still in the NICU.

This was while I was at the hospital. Lovely purse and hat, eh?

Oh, did I mention that Elena learned to crawl out of her crib the week before Isabel was born? Yeah, we decided to just take off the front part of her crib instead of her crawling over the railing, at least that way she can get back in. However, she's really not one for staying in her bed, as you can see. Sigh.

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Congrats on getting her home finally!! TAKE IT EASY!!

Matt and Valerie said...

I am so glad that you have Leo around right now and he's not off in another part of the country/world. That must have been one rough morning. Just so you know, Meijer is open 24 hours - we've had to run out on the middle of the night for Pedialite before when TJ was sick. Gotta love parenting sometimes, huh? See ya when I get back.
Val

Kayli said...

I'm so sorry!!!! And soo glad that Leo could stay home! That must have felt TERRIBLE!

Anyway, how nice of the nurse to point out that you were the first one to forget all that. Luckily you didn't forget to come get her!!

Lynn said...

Awww.......I bet that couple of days was really rough. What a sweet man you have! Truly. Your daughters are ALL so beautiful.

You are a great mom! Like Kami said....at least you came and got her from the hospital!

Kristi said...

congratulations, she is gorgeous! I so remember when Cory had to go back to school after I had my second, and crying on the phone with my mom- I just didn't know how I was going to do it! somehow I managed. and you will too! thank goodness for husbands!

Jerusha said...

She is so cute. I love the name. Hope everything smooths out for you soon.

Emily said...

COngrats to you! She is gorgeous!