Friday 24 August 2007

Bourne Interrupted

My sister was complaining that I hadn't written for a LONG, LONG time (Tuesday wasn't it?), so to please her, I'm posting again. I have several posts I wanted to write and are stewing around in my brain, however my husband is home, and I find spending time with him much more pleasant than blogging. Yesterday, we went The Bourne Ultimatum. It was a matinee and there was only 15 or so people in the audience, mostly senior citizens and then about three teenagers. Anyway, midway through the movie the lights went out and we could hear thunder rumbling outside. Pretty soon an employee came in and said that the power had gone out due to a severe thunderstorm, and if we could wait in the theater till the storm died down. It was a pretty unusual situation. Pretty soon the manager came in and gave us tickets to come back another time as he didn't know when the power might be coming on. He told us the tornado sirens had gone off, but he didn't think we were hit with the worst of the storm. Leo and I drove home past downed trees with the roots pulled up and the powerlined down. It was great!!! I love storms. I love the raw power that permeates the air after they've ripped through. I always feel so energized after one, like I would just love to run around and dance in the rain, or climb a high tree. Something physical anyway. When we came home we found a huge leak from upstairs (I think they left the window open) in Elena's room. The paint and the roof is falling apart. Joy. Oh well, hopefully they fix it. I called maintence about it today. Here's a few pictures I took. And some of my handsome husband and daughter (we weren't really that mean to her trying to make her pout). Okay, this next picture is kind of random, but these are the boots I just bought on ebay!!! I'm so excited!!! I always wanted black, knee-high boots!! And now I live in Chicago, it gave me a perfect excuse to buy them because of the weather here and I really only have open-toed shoes to wear to church and really that wouldn't do once it snows, right? And I have so many cute skirts I can wear with them. :) Ahh, shopping is bliss. Elena fell asleep on the way to the movie theater.
I just thought this picture was cool. I was trying to capture the blown over sign.

This was in our apartment's parking lot. The whole tree snapped.

No comments: