Monday 20 August 2007

Sand Dunes

This past weekend I went to the Indiana Lakeshore National Park--on the shore of Lake Michigan--with my sister Kayli and her family. It kind of started out as a rocky trip since Leo and I got stuck in Chicago rush hour traffic. Yuck!!! The roads here stink. I miss Phoenix immensely for that reason. 12 lane highways--oh the memories. I could almost write an ode.


An Ode to 12 lane Highways.
12 lane highways,
Ohhh, to your praise.
HOV lanes and exit lanes,
Planned clearly with brains.
Someone please tell me,
Why I keep paying fees,
To drive on a potholed,
construction zoned, lousy old
3 laned byway maze.
12 lane highways
I miss you, I do.
Adieu.

So really I have no hope of ever earning money as a poet. But anyway, the rest of the trip went fine for Leo and I, although Kayli and Brett had a rougher timer. See her blog here. She took some great photos which I approbated from her blog as well. (Some are mine though, and some on her site I took for her anyway.)



And also for your viewing pleasure two new youtube videos. I know you love them. Though not as much as the picture above of Leo squishing Elena's face. That's my personal favorite.
Thriller--It took a while for Leo to believe me that they're singing acapella.

1 comment:

Kayli said...

Your poem was SWEET>.