Friday 3 August 2007

Umm... haven't left yet

So I haven't done anything I should have been doing. It's an hour later from my first post and I'm pathetic. But for fun, here's the highlights of the youtube videos we watched at the reunion. The purple song is what I danced to for the karaoke contest. Really I can't believe I'm admitting that to the world. Oh well. Anyway, I couldn't really sing it, plus I was dancing so umm... (I'm really at a lack of words here) fast? insanely? that I couldn't catch my breath to sing even if I knew Russian. My costume rocked, it was two dresses, both purple of course, (I couldn't fit the bottom one--with a full skirt, think Victorian type dress--over my bust, and the other one--picture 80's multi tiered knee length prom dress--over my hips so I wore them both, the top tucked down on the Victorian one and the bottom of the 80's one under the other) and then many, many long gypsy looking necklaces, several silver bracelets from Tijuana, and earrings from my sister's belly dancing outfit (yes she has one-I made it for her) that have bells on them, and of course my mink fur hat I bought at an antique store (I love vintage hats). So you get the idea. Luckily, a video of that will never get on youtube. Many of my three-four yr. old nieces were quite taken with the outfit though. My brother Derek won again by the way. He won last year for I'm Too Sexy (we considered making rules after that for only allowing G rated content), this year his wife Brooke and him sang a Mylo Hatzenbuhler version of the song "I've Got You Babe." It included the lyrics - "I've got you in the chicken coop, I've got you to scoop the poop." And "I can change the bulls to steers." I suppose with lyrics like that, I really couldn't be expected to win. Anyone from North Dakota should really check out Mylo's stuff. Quite funny. He makes it quite clear he's of German stock, although I did hear him sing that if he were Norwegian he's say "Oufta." Another highlight was Amy singing "Material Girl" in the previously shown outfit that she wore to the Tacky Party. And little Megan (she's seven) singing three lines of the song "You Are So Beautiful," over and over again. But without further ramblings, here's the top videos.

2 comments:

Hanah said...

Sounds like you had a totally awesome costume!! You are so fun!! I loved the songs!!

The Haws Family said...

wow. and wow. It sounds even cooler when you talk about all the stuff we did! Also, I love the dirt picture of Ethne, she looks like a little dirt-monster. Cute pictures! your purple song rocked!