Monday 1 January 2024

Lynnaea's Wedding

Lynnaea got married on July 22nd!!  It was a beautiful wedding.  And it was fun being there to help with everything.  I don't know if we were more in the way or not, but we had a great time.  My favorite part was that Leo flew out to join us--- YAY!!!  


We had so much fun dancing that night.  Only I had tripped on Megan's stairs two days before and twisted my ankle--I danced like a maniac anyway, and ended up with it more swollen the next day than it had been originally and then it took two and a half months to heal completely to where I could go running again.  Whoops. 

Beautiful!
Awww!
It was so fun having so many people there. 




When we were setting everything up, a wind storm came up and we were all outside holding everything down.  And then after the reception ended, Megan and her friends had everything cleaned up again that night, even though it was like 1 in the morning.  I don't know how she keeps going like the energizer bunny.  Also I love dancing with Leo sooooo much!!!   


I love my parents!
After the reception ended, there was a horse trough that they had ice in (now partially water) for drinks and Anders jumped in.  He then convinced/physically made Jubal stick his head in.  Poor kid was crying afterward.  Midnight ice baths are a bit much for an 8 year old.  It was pretty funny though.  Isabel and some of the other kids were having a competition to see who could keep their hand in the longest. Isabel was proud she placed second.


I loved this sign and spoiler--they let us borrow it and the barrels/posts for Ana's wedding the next year. 

 
These videos were from the wedding luncheon.  Nicolas was embarrassed because he was the oldest kid singing, but he loves to sing and was excited to sing before he realized that.  Anyway, he helped carry the song because he took it so seriously when we practiced beforehand, so he knew all the words.  

No comments: