Saturday 30 December 2023

Redneck Waterslide at Newton Dam

 On Monday, July 11th, I went with Lindsay and took some of Kayli's kids to Newton Dam.  I think Kayli was feeling the effects of Covid that day. Newton Dam was practically empty because of the drought going on.  We had gone to play on a rope swing there, but the swing was no where near the water anymore. It was almost a bust of a day because the kids were losing interest really fast until we met up with another family there who let us join in with their homemade waterslide.  Seriously, it was sweet. 

I love my little trailer. So handy and perfect size for me to manage.

They basically laid down some Tyvek, hooked up a sump pump from their basement, and with a garden hose had water pumped to the top.  It was so much fun!!  The kids spent hours on it. Brilliant!  Our tubes and kayaks were much appreciated by the other family though, so I felt we contributed.






Navy is so adorable!












No comments: