Friday 17 February 2023

Other Random Bits

 

I had to re-home all my plants.  Except my jade plant I grew from a leaf from the Kemmerer Museum (the volunteer let me pick one) and it's still doing great. 
We bought this couch used in Houston, and while it looks okay from a distance, it was in sad, sad shape up close.  So I bought another couch for $100.  Plus I wanted a bigger couch.
It was also in sad, sad shape.  But it was linen and the style I've always adored so I bought it anyway.  Eli and Cowen helped me go pick it up in SLC.
 
Then I cleaned it.
Then I dyed it.
The couch cushions I dyed in the washing machine.
I love how it turned out, but it's still pretty worn out in place so now (in 2023) I have a blanket over the back to cover the worn spots.  I still like it though because of it's size, and Jubal uses it as a jungle gym so I'm glad I didn't invest more. 
New dress from Amazon for $25.  I still love it though.

We bought this to keep the cats in while we were moving.  Isabel liked it too apparently.
I don't know what happened at all to Nicolas, but man did he have nasty hives.  I wish I remembered what it was from, but I probably didn't know then either.




So sad.
Hazy from smoke.  There was a lot of smoke from forest fires that summer.
Ha. Ha.  Found Efraim asleep like this one day.

It was about this time that Sebastian started talking like Gollum 24/7.  He's only recently tapered off that. He even talked like that at school despite odd looks.  Literally, he's been doing it for over a year.  Crazy kid.  
I bought a light fixture for our house in Wichita off of KSL in Park City.  Pottery Barn $800 light for $150.   I really have missed living close to Park City for amazing deals like this.  Wealthy areas are great for that. 


No comments: