Thursday 16 February 2023

Bald Mountain+Snow 2021

Mirror Lake from Bald Mountain

This may have been one of the most beautiful hikes I've ever been on.  I loved Bald Mountain before, but with the snow it was magical.  However, lesson learned, wear sunscreen with all that snow.  And running shoes aren't the best footwear.  Ironically, we made our kids wear winter coats and then I ended up carrying A LOT of coats up the mountain.  Elena and Ethne carried them back down for me though.  I think these pictures look fake and photoshopped, it's just so beautiful.  I think Wyatt and Sebastian must not have come for some reason--they're not in any pictures.  I can't think why they didn't though.












Jubal and Efraim were hiking by me most of the time--can you tell? 



The snow was crazy.  Someone had gone up before us, so we kind of followed their trail, but it wasn't the actual trail that you'd follow in the summer, and so sometimes the snow wasn't that deep, but then sometimes you'd step somewhere and sink to your waist.  Like Nicolas here.  He's literally standing straight up waist deep in snow.







Efraim went through this stage for like 1 1/2 years where if I said look at me and smile, he'd look anywhere but me.  It was so frustrating trying to get him to look at the camera.  Good thing he's so cute.


Navy shoes and socks were soaked through.  I think Kayli took them off on the way down and put her feet in mittens but maybe that was just once we hit the car.
Navy is one tough kid!  She was trying so hard not to cry for the photos, but her poor feet were so cold.






Beautiful Elena!!  It's not that I didn't want pictures of Talmage, Orrin, and Isabel, they just never stayed around me.  On the way down, Elena and Ethne kept me company.

Kayli and Navy--they were a lot faster than me.  

Aww I love Ethne.













Kayli took these--she kept up with the faster crowd.
Kayli got a picture of me taking pictures.  
The kids were so tired out, they fell asleep on the drive home.

 

1 comment:

Kayli said...

Wyatt is ina couple of those pictures you posted. But you're right, I don't see Sebastian. Weird.