Thursday 16 February 2023

Labyrinth Costumes for Olivia


My niece, Olivia, asked me almost a year in advance to make her and her husband Labyrinth costumes for them.  I of course agreed because that is a stellar idea! This was again, long before our decision to move and long before Andrea's family came to stay.  So I was pretty busy with this in September (had to have time to mail it to Hawaii.)  I hope they were happy with them. 



LOVE!!!! 
Elena and Olivia were pretty close to the same size, so it worked well. 

The skirt. I think I made that from scratch but used some of the wedding dress material.


Yeah my bedroom looked like this for quite some time.  Remember Leo was in Wichita and Tim was using my sewing room as his office.

The sleeves needed to be bigger!!
Had to get a frame of reference. I may have glued on a ton of rhinestones at work one night. 
Amy had given me a wedding dress she found at the thrift store, so I used that as the base and just added to it, basically.  It was already separate skirt and top, so that made adjustments easy.
Eli helping me decide on the length for the tails. The tails did not go so well.  I am not a good tailor.

Me trying it on.

The collar is something else.
Olivia got the costumes in the mail and had to show me a preview.

Their costumes the previous year.  I loved it.


No comments: