Sunday 20 September 2020

Briggs and Flowers

In July we found out that Sebastian's and my best friend were moving.  Brigham and him were in class together the first year we moved here, and their teacher told me, "It it the weirdest thing, because they're so a like they're practically twins."  And Brigham's mom, Michelle worked with me at the rec center so I knew her better than anyone else in this town.  And then, we moved so we were practically backyard neighbors.  But her husband got his dream job as SUU's sports announcer and so they moved to Cedar City.  So sad.  But happy for them.  Anyway, they came with us to float the Green one week in July and Sebas caught a snake. YUCK! And it was chilly, and mosquito-y and the dirtiest it had looked all year.  None of the kids really played in the river that much.  But it was nice to spend some time with them before they moved.  

And my rose bush bloomed!!!  I love roses.  And then the stupid deer ate them.  😭
The Icelandic poppies won my heart even more though.
Another rose--not the one I had originally picked to buy--that was out of stock, so they substituted this one.  I really love it actually, it looks great against the brick color.
Poppies!!!




See our house looked fairly pretty for a short time.

David Austin roses are so beautiful.  I'm sad my Lady of Shallot never did bloom.  






 

No comments: