Saturday 25 July 2020

Floating the Green with Kayli


I have to apologize to Kayli for not taking more photos of her kids.  I really was kind of hesitant to use my latest (3rd) phone very much, even though it was in a waterproof case.  Hopefully Ana sends her a bunch.  Anyway, Kayli came with her kids to visit.  So of course we floated the Green River again.  We went further this time than I had with Lindsay.  It was nice to float out of town.  The boys got to Huck Finn it for a while too, because at one point we went around an island one way and they went the other, only we didn't see them again for about a half hour or more.  Have to admit, Kayli and I were both getting a bit nervous.  And so we pulled over and I jogged a quarter of a mile to see if the river finally did join back.  It did. And by the time I got back to the canoe, I sent Isabel ahead on a kayak to make sure they stopped and waited for us, and she quickly came back to say they were waiting.  Phew.  Nicolas told me they were nervous too, and he said a prayer. I love that kid.  And Ana was back with us for a week or so, since she's planning on starting school at the University of Wyoming and is waiting for her dorm to open.  Sebastian was in seventh heaven by the end because while I carefully tied down the canoe, he and his cousins caught 24 crawfish which they brought home and I still have a water table toy filled with them to this day, minus the ones they ate that night.

There's a deer and her fawn in the above photo if you look hard enough.

1 comment:

Kayli said...

Good times!! Thanks for having us!!