Saturday 25 July 2020

Nos Abuelitos Came!


Leo's parents have been saying they'd come visit off and on for the last three years, but they'd always end up cancelling.  This time they made it!!!  Yay!!!  Honestly, I'm always a bit on edge when I'm around them, mostly because of communication difficulties and I don't think I can give my opinions as I normally would with my mother-in-law because she tends to cry.  Yikes.  So I can't communicate well due to language differences and I can't be myself (maybe if I spoke Spanish I could manage being more truthful yet tactful).  So awkward.  Anyway, I just wanted to get that off my chest.  BUT really, they are super nice, and we had a good time.  I'm so glad they came!   Leo went hiking with them to Ruth Lake the day I was sleeping because of working.  And then we went to Smith and Morehouse another day to go canoeing and kayaking.  Another day was a disaster because the kids were all crying etc when we went to the local state park.  And then I don't remember what we did the next day, it went better though.  I think our crowd of kids wears them out, but I hope they come back to visit again anyway.














No comments: