Saturday 25 July 2020

Lindsay Came!


Lindsay came with her kids for three days the next week after July 4th.  It was so much fun!  Lots of dress up and hardly any bickering at all.  The kids played together wonderfully.  We went one day and floated the Green River, with Lindsay driving we could park separately to shuttle back and forth. This is when I killed my brand new phone.  So sad, and expensive mistake.  We played at a cool park in Green River after and had Arctic Circle dip cones. Yum. It was the most terrifying drive home from Green River though.  Literally had a knot in my stomach the whole way till past the Twin Sisters.  There was 40 mph winds coming perpendicular to the highway and my canoe (on top of the SUV) kept swinging around, and at one point slid off the tracks. We stopped about 4 or 5 times to try to re-tie everything down and then I drove the slowest I've ever driven on that freeway (minus the time I was driving Ana to Rock Springs during a blizzard and then the freeway was shut down by the time I got home and Ana was stranded in Rock Springs.) It was nerve wracking.  I kept worrying the canoe would slide off and if a piece of it broke under the strain and then I would cause Lindsay to crash.  Awful. Anyway, we were fine.  Lindsay and I watched movies every night.  It was a lovely visit.

No comments: