Friday 4 August 2017

Day 10: Canyon de Chelly



Next stop, Canyon de Chelly. We drove there and did the only hike you can without a guide.  Leo said it was his favorite hike of the trip.  I liked it a lot too.  The weather was beautiful.  We stayed at Spider Rock Campground in hogan.  So I have mixed feelings about that night.  It was the worst night sleep that Leo and I had the entire trip.  The bed wasn't really big enough for both of us so Leo slept in the van with Nicolas.  I was worried about crawly things--luckily there were none.  I think I would have been happier in our own tents.  BUT my kids loved it!!!  And it was really nice that when we got to the campground in the dark that we didn't have to set up tents in the rain.  There really was no problems, there just wasn't quite enough beds for everyone.

Friday July 21:
  • Drive to Canyon de Chelly
  • Hike the White House Trail
  • Camp at Spider Rock Campground (NO WATER)
South Rim Canyon Drive 
Chinle, AZ 86503 
928-781-2014


  • Breakfast:
  • Dinner: hotdogs and marshmallows







1 comment:

Kayli said...

Schweet. And Efraim is sooooo cute!!!!