Tuesday 13 July 2010

This Weekend Part Dos

The place we decided to check out on Saturday was the Payson Scottish Festival. We arrived two hours before it ended though so we missed all the Irish Dancing Competition and singing. So sad.

They're were a lot of guys in kilts though.
Andrea, this picture's for you.


Caber tossing. This was actually the best part of the festival. Ana was riveted by the Highland games, I would have liked to watch but I have two crazy tots.
Umm, bagpipes aren't that great after two hours of hearing them.
Sigh. I loved the costumes. But overall, the festival wasn't my favorite. Maybe if we had arrived earlier it would have been better. At least they had a nice park for the kids to play at.
Elena saw this little fellow and made a bee-line for him.
A band had started up just then, and she wanted to dance. His father had to come rescue him. True story.

3 comments:

Lindsay Ann Rasmussen said...

I like Leo in the background of the picture with Isabel and the little boy. Its as if he's teaching her how to push!! haha

Andrea said...

Loved Clan Young. Sweet. And Kami, bagpipes are awesome. One of my favorite Christmas cds is bagpipe music. Maybe after two hours . . . but I don't know. I love them.

Lynn said...

LOL! Loved your bagpipe comment. I feel the same way. However......Dean? Well, let's just say I had to sign an agreement with him that he could have a real bagpipe player at his funeral. Yup. Loves them that much.