Sunday 4 July 2010

Isabel's Birthday

Isabel just turned 2!!! It was not the happiest of days however. She had been sick since the day before with high fevers (102+) and I had finally taken her to the doctor's. We waited an hour there. Isabel kept grabbing my hand and saying, "Go. Go." while pulling me towards the door. She had a really bad sore throat, but it wasn't strep, just a virus. You can see, she looks pretty wasted here. But she still loved her present. It was the same doll we bought for Elena when she turned 2.

I'm so glad we got the same doll. So much less contention. Sweet.
Here you can see some of the bunting I made with leftover (ahem) felt from the poodle skirts. I also have another strand that is just boyish colors. I love it! So festive!
Yes, poor boy, that is your father.
I think because Isabel was so sick, Ana and Elena were more excited than she was. In fact, Elena threw a bit of a fit, because she wanted her birthday now.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

I love your bunting!
(and that cake is sweet!)

Megan said...

Cute cake!!! Happy Birthday Isabel!

Anonymous said...

You did a fabulous job on the cake. It's so cute. Looks like you had a good time and Im glad Isabel is feeling better. Mom

Our children are the future said...

Nice cake! I can't believe that Isabel is 2! welcome to the terrible and fun twos once more!