Wednesday 28 July 2010

Little Wild Horse Canyon Part Two

To continue our trek, I thought I'd start out with this gruesome picture. The one bug was eating the other bug, and dragging it along at a surprisingly fast pace. We had a devil of time trying to convince Elena to step around it in the narrow space we were in.


Gorgeous, no?

Ana was my beautiful model. She's in almost all of these.


Yes, Leo is the man and is carrying two kids on his back.
This is one of my favorite photos of the trip.
Elena passed out on the way back. It might have had something to do with all of the kids playing around in their tent till midnight and then her waking up with nightmares twice ("My legs were on fire!" --Poor girl!). She was exhausted.
I really do love the desert.
And to end, another gruesome picture. Yes, hiking in sandels is probably not the best choice. Hiking in sandals that are falling apart and duck taped together, even worse. In my defence though, I've always hiked in my Tevas and I love them! And they had only fallen apart all of sudden while we were in Goblin Valley. At the visitor center we bought duck tape, and the ranger said we were crazy to camp with kids and no duck tape! Hee. Hee. My tevas of ten years had to go in the garbage once we arrived home. Wahhh!!!!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

There is no defense for hiking in sandals. Sometimes I have to wonder about people. Can I steal the name Alice? Too bad--I already put it on my list. The list of names Timothy doesn't like. There is no list of names that Timothy does like. Grr.

andre'a said...

Kami, you are HILARIOUS. I love that the ranger chastised you for the "no duct tape" policy but thought nothing of you hiking in open-toed sandals. I love it. You are so brave, Missy!