Monday 5 July 2010

The Freedom Festival

On the third we went to the actual Freedom Festival. We loved it! The kids had a great time. I mean, Elena got to meet Snow White.
And Belle--she was in heaven! Plus I won $25! Yeah, Leo didn't want me to enter the musical chairs contest (mostly cause Isabel cried the whole time I was in it) but I did anyway and won! Sweet!

Ana was desperate to get her face painted. She was worried about that the whole morning. Her dragon is very cool--definitely worth the worry.
Leo tried to convince Isabel to get a skull, luckily she pointed out the rainbow (among eight other things she pointed out as well.)
Elena was very set on a fish, and insisted on seeing the photo of herself after it was done.
We watched the reptile show. Ana helped with the monitor lizard--Elena joined in too. Although, when he initially opened the tote with it inside, she ran away at the sight of it.
Ana was much braver.
She did pet the python though. And she kissed it. Yuck!
Elena wouldn't put the snake on at this point--but Ana had no trouble! Later on, Elena went back with dad and allowed the anaconda put on her too. But she immediately said, "Okay, I don't want the snake on my neck." Hee. Hee. Ana and Elena were both braver than Isabel though. She wouldn't even get near them.

Banging on an Indian drum.
The Boy Scouts had a bunch of cool stuff set up. That was one of the place where the kids had the most fun.Isabel still wasn't feeling the greatest, but it didn't stop her from drumming.Log sawing. Ana's favorite car from the car show.
I liked this one.
This was Leo's favorite of the show.
But this was my very favorite!! It's sweet!
They had several of these up and the kids just went from one to another--they loved it!
Sebastian enjoyed the sites too. All in all a great day. In the evening we watched the fireworks from the Stadium of Fire at the BYU football stadium. I have pictures that a random stranger took on her cellphone and emailed to me. But unfortunately, because of trouble with my computer, I can't download them right now. Later I'll post them.

No comments: