Thursday 29 July 2010

Green River Watermelon

Green River is a tiny little town in one of the ugliest parts of Utah. Green River itself is fairly ugly, although the surroundings are pretty (the river vally it's in) and has definitely seen better days. However, despite it's flaws, it has the BEST WATERMELON IN THE WORLD!!!

So if you're driving by in the middle of nowhere Utah, be sure to stop and buy some. Leo didn't believe me at first, (we'd been through there back when we lived in NM) but now he's a believer, so much so that he'd consider making the 2 1/2 drive just to buy a few. They're that good. I've never had better watermelon. And if you're up to it, there's a bar there, (one of the few I've been in) called Ray's Tavern that serves GREAT hamburgers. My dad took me when I was 11 and Leo and I went several years ago when driving through from NM. But for sure buy a melon.

4 comments:

Beth said...

I stumbled on your blog because I was googling "Where can I buy a Green River watermelon?" My friend is obsessed with them! Her usual man that drives a trailer to utah county to sell them isn't there this year. She's totally stressed. Thanks for the tips on the burgers. I'm going to have to make a field trip.

vicky said...

My friend Beth shared this link with me. You have almost convinced me to make the drive to the middle of ugly for something so wonderful. And just so you know, I am not obsessed...they are just the best thing in the whole world.

Beth said...

Sniff--if you were going to call me a liar, I wouldn't have told you about the blog. I was just trying to help you read of other GRW fans like yourself. : )

Beth said...

I stand by my obsessed comment.