Wednesday 3 March 2010

Happenings

I had my hair cut last week. She managed to get all my pet peeves about hair cuts all rolled into one. It's not horrible--I mean they're pet peeves, not a catastrophe--but still, when I have to tell her the layers are longer on one side than the other, it's a little sad. Plus, she was the same age as a girl I used to babysit back when she was six (the hairdresser and her were on a cheerleading squad in high school together). I felt really old. From now on I'm looking for a middle-aged woman to cut my hair who has SHORT hair herself. Ruff.

Leo had been off dairy for a week because he's been sick since we've been back from Colombia and the doctor thought it might be lactose intolerance. I mean, his diet has changed extremely since he stopped flying. Luckily, it wasn't that--just some not so friendly critters he picked up in Colombia. I'm pretty positive Isabel must have had them too. I did take Isabel in back in January because of her being sick and vomiting and having diarrhea off and on, but the doctor thought she had a temporary lactose intolerance from the change in her diet from going to Colombia. Whatever. Anyway, I think she managed to kick them on her own because she's put on weight these last couple weeks and been so much more happy and healthy. Good times. What's a trip to South America without picking up a few parasites, eh?

In other news, this baby needs to come out!!!! Now I must go to bed. Goodnight.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Glad you got the sickness figured out. Yikes. I guess there is always a down side to traveling.....I tend to forget about things like parasites. Thanks for reminding me. ; )

HAve a good night!

Our children are the future said...

Sorry about your hair!!! and yeah, South America!!! I still miss it though... and yes your baby needs to come out, I completely understand how you feel, I feel like I am going to be pregnant forever but I am going to get induced next week. How about you? how far along are you already? I am 39 weeks and 2days as in today! take care and hopefully next time you post something is because you have baby pics!