Tuesday 30 March 2010

O happy day

My in-laws drove out this past weekend to visit. Here is Sebastian with his adoring Abuelita.
And here's our family with my parents after Sebastian's baby blessing on Sunday. It was so fun--all my brothers and sister and their families that live in Utah came. They made me all laugh so hard too, because even though our ward for the first time ever is offering headsets to translate into English what's being said, all but my mother said they would just "feel the Spirit." What goofs. Then that one headset, was passed all around. Hee. Hee. Everybody came to our house afterwards for a potluck. Ana was in heaven playing with her cousin Danica all day. And I never really saw much of Elena or Isabel either. Or Sebastian for that matter--everybody wanted to hold him. I love being close to family!

And here's the wreath I made for our door. I was going to put eggs in it for Easter. But then I didn't.
And here's the growth chart I made last week too. And yesterday I made strawberry jam and today I made granola. I think I have a sort of delayed nesting syndrome--I always feel like making stuff after I have a baby. Remember the Renaissance costumes after I had Isabel? Yeah, that was an insane obsession to finish those.
And for my last piece of riveting news, I signed up to go to the Family History Conference at BYU this summer. Four full days of fascinating family history workshops and classes. I am thrilled. Truly. I was looking for a Spanish class in the continuing education website when I found it actually. (I decided I needed more structure in my Spanish studing --basically I need the deadline of a test to cram for.) I've decided that being a geneaologist (if I could spell it) is the perfect fit for me. It combines the organization skills of a librarian, computer skills (I think I may try to make a website) of a web designer, and research skills of an archaeologist (well sort of). All things I wanted to be. See it's my destiny. Well, ta ta for now--I'll just leave you with a premium quote about family history: "...everything is illuminated in the light of the past. It is always along the side of us, on the inside, looking out."

2 comments:

Andrea said...

premium. Hee hee. HAHAHAHAHAHHA. Hilarious. I'm going to go be proximal with my hubby. Nice post. Even if you didn't mention that Emeline almost got smushed like a bug.

Jenifer said...

Good for you! I always have a hard time doing family history. For me it's always sooooo overwhelming. I can't focus on just one name without thinking of all the other left to do. :)