Thursday 24 September 2009

Unpicking and Such

I've been in a mad dash this week to finish a bunch of projects before I start inspecting parts again. Yuck, but the money is worth it I suppose. Unfortunately my projects have stalled, because I've spent most of the time unpicking. Sigh. Why do I try to sew? But while I've been unpicking, I did watch the new BBC mini-series of Tess of the D'Ubervilles. I hated that book. Why would I think I would like the movie!?!??! It's just plain depressing. The movie was fabulously made by the way...gorgeous scenery, I highly recommend it if you can stomach Hardy. My sister and I were talking about it because she really doesn't like the story either, but besides reading the book, she's also watched two or three movie versions and was willing to watch this one. We decided Tess remained a classic because it poses the quintessential question of whether Tess was a good person or not. I think back in Victorian times, that would have been debated even more. I think her murdering Alec really kind of pushes the limits for me. Basically, I think she went a little loopy there. Can't really blame her though. But can you? That's the question, eh?

In other news, Leo went to the Colombian consulate and said it was a total waste of time. Bureaucracy. Yuck. He also took Ana to the Harry Potter exhibit at the Science and Industry Museum. She earned the trip this summer. Leo pretended not to be in complete disgust at the whole thing--although he said he liked pulling up those shrieking plants, whatever they're called. Ana was sorted in to Ravenclaw.
And now I really must go finish a few things before I go to bed. Goodnight.


No comments: