Wednesday 25 March 2009

How long?

The other day Leo and I were driving to church and I saw a truck with this logo on it:

Scandinavian Decorating and Furniture
Since AD 694

Also, yet again I have no reminisce, unless you count the above story. Hmm... sorry, I've yet to do my quota of screws, I want to sew, sew, sew, and make hair accessories for my daughters. (Thanks Kayli--it's all your fault showing me all the cute ones you made for Kristi!) And I'm pretty bummed because Leo agreed to let me buy one chair a month from IKEA to match our table, but it's already wobbly. And at $60 a chair, I find that sad. Very sad. Even sadder, I tried to find a different chair at a slightly higher price that hopefully would be better quality--yeah the least expensive I found that I remotely liked was $125 and I still like the design of the IKEA one better. Ruff. Any suggestions for a slightly modern looking birch finished dining chair? Just wondering. I guess I could go to an actual furniture store instead of looking online. I think CB2 and such would be along my tastes but far to expensive. Again, ruff. I wanted to look at Copenhagen but they don't list prices online, and that made me even more irritated because I lived just down the road from the Copenhagen store in Tempe, and every time I passed it, I thought about going in, and I never did. Ruff. Maybe I could use those wasting away free airline tickets and leave my kids here and go shopping back in Phoenix. That sounds nice, and sunny, and warm. Heck, I should just fly to Denmark. Of course, that wouldn't exactly be economical. Ruff. I did find in all my searching a painting I liked--one of the few abstracts I've ever liked. What do you think?
Looking at it now though, I don't like it nearly as much. I think I just better go to bed.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

That really does bite about the chair. Hope you find out the reason it is wobbling and just go from there. Does something just need regluing or tightening??

Kristi said...

I have recently noticed that the chair in my craft room is wiggly. it is an Ikea chair- but we have had it for a long time. Cory doesn't like Ikea- because it isn't the best quality, but I like it because it looks nice, and is cheap. what can you do? I have seen mismatched chairs all painted the same color- I really like that look- just pick them up at thrift stores and garage sales. that's my 2 cents. and I can't wait to see the cute things Kayli made. do you want to trade for some pixie hats? what do you make?