Friday 30 May 2008

Our House

My sister Andrea has been asking me for a tour of our apartment. So while I am away from my lovely apartment, you all can look all through. It is rather untidy, (books on the floor, that sort of thing) but really it was very clean when I took these photos--we had cleaned the house spotless that Saturday.
To start our tour, here is the lovely, one and only bathroom. With the shirt of Elena's hanging to dry after I washed out the poo she had gotten all over (she recently learned to take off her diapers--time to potty train!)
The master bedroom--Uggh. I can't wait to decorate my room how I want some day. First to go will be the dresser, and well the bed, and the white shelve thing that I got as a wedding present--okay pretty much the only thing I'll keep is the candle holder. That's the one thing I bought myself in the entire room. Oh, and the long mirror, that was my Christmas present this year. :)


This is the kids' room. This room I like. It is rather a smorgasbord of free stuff and garage sales too, (at least furniture wise) but all the decorations are purely me. Ahhhh. Zen. (Well except a green star and monster on the door Ana hung up). The red lamp in my room is actually supposed to be in this room, but Leo's and my lamp died.

The kitchen. Notice, no dishwasher. Washing dishes is the bane of my existence. Also, as the only air conditioner in the apartment is a wall unit in the kids' room, this room is literally an oven in the summer. Last summer I baked as little as possible.
Our dining room. Okay, our pantry with lovely designer cinder block shelves and storage for our washer and dryer which are not hooked up. That's right, we have to use the laundromat in the basement. Joy.
Our library/dining room/living room. Elena loves to get all the books out. She's learning to put them away now though. :)
Our living room.
Another view of our living room. Elena also loves to get out her clothes. That's what is all over the coffee table. All in all I like this apartment fairly well. It's bright and sunny and spacious (for a two bedroom apartment). Sometimes maurading squirrels and the stairwell to the basement that is held up with a two-by-four where the steel framework has collapsed out kind of scare me, but I really can't complain that much. I hope you enjoyed the tour.

4 comments:

Hanah said...

Soo cute! I can't believe how large the kid's room is, that you are able to fit 3 cribs in there, and still have some space. :D I know what you mean in wanting to have somewhere, and the moolah to be able to paint, and decorate the way you want it. You've done a great job so far!

Lynn said...

I agree! Everything has it's space and is in it's place.
I love how you decorated your bathroom too. Very clean.
I think the lock on the Entertainment Center, gives a complete "Family" statement to your home. : D I almost forgot about those days. Babies and videos and Cd's are like magnets.

The Haws Family said...

Looks just like I remember it! Have fun on your vacation!

Maria said...

thanks for the tour of your apartment! You will LOVE Nauvoo. I'm jealous, I want to go too.