Wednesday 21 May 2008

Futbol


I find it amusing that everyday once school is out the tennis court behind our apartment is filled with boys playing--yep, you guessed it, soccer. Sometimes they just play half court, but sometimes they take down the net so they can play full court soccer. Hee. Hee. You'd never guess that about 75% of our apartment complex is Hispanic, eh? There are a couple Asian boys out there playing most days and a few Hindu kids as well. The boys playing range in age from 5 to 12-14 from my best guess, along with a couple dads out there coaching every now and again. The tennis court is the only level area in the complex, and I thinks that's why they play there. I also think the apartment complex would be hugely popular if they took out the tennis courts and installed two nets instead. :)

1 comment:

The Haws Family said...

I also thought that was really amusing when I was there visiting! It looks like they have a lot of fun though, so thats good! It looks green and happy there. It was REALLY warm here and I was really excited, but then last night it started raining and today it feels like winter again. Sad. I get to go iceskating tonight though! yay!