Friday 9 May 2008

Computer Issues

I've been having issues with our computer of late, including but not limited to: not being able to load pictures on my blog and not being able to compose emails. So I am very sorry for my lack of pictures, especially since I have so many I want to post. Errr.

It's been another crazy week. Fun though. Very fun. My sister Lindsay came from Utah to visit us. We went to Navy Pier, the Magnificent Mile, the Art Institute (where we saw the Winslow Homer exhibit-which I thought was great, only Elena was being fussy by then), and the Chicago Botanical Gardens (it was beautiful too, so serene and tranquil--one of our favorite stops). AND most phenomenally, she took me to Wicked. My favorite songs are now on the playlist if you want to hear. It just doesn't compare to hearing it live though. Wow and Wow again. I think I could easily spend a lot of money going to Broadway shows. I also drove for the first time in downtown Chicago. I did very well too, for all those who mock my driving skills (I know there's lots of you out there!) Anyway, until I am able to post pictures, you all will have to make do with that very limited description.

The crazy part of the week was that Leo decided he wanted to change careers. No more being a pilot. He loves his job, but doesn't love the lifestyle. He's very routine oriented and being a pilot doesn't lend itself well to routines and regularity. He's planning on applying to BYU in the fall for the executive MBA program in finance and working as an engineer while he goes to school. Life is so funny how fast it comes at you. I've thought several times in the last year that we had things fairly well planned out for several years in the future and then. . . we're given a seven-year-old and now this. I'm not really complaining, it's just surprising that's all. I don't really mind the career change either, obviously we had long discussions about it. I'm actually glad Leo had a chance to be a pilot, maybe now he'll be happier in whatever job he ends of doing, instead of wishing he was a pilot without knowing the realities of the job. Anyway, I don't know what will happen in the next six months . Maybe something else will turn these plans on end. We'll see. I'm not holding my breath.

1 comment:

Hanah said...

Wow life really is soo crazy! I'm a little jealous, that you're gonna have a husband around more often.:D You're right atleast he's able to know that no matter what he ends up doing he will never be left wondering if the pilot route was the way to go. :D I'm glad that he did it even if for a short time, otherwise I probably never would have met you! :( :D