Tuesday 16 October 2007

Louie Louie



My Dad called me up when he heard we were adopting Ana, and said when we legally adopt her, we should change her name to Cinderella. Hee. Hee.

And for your edification:

The famous 'Louie Louie' by the Kingsmen caused a major rumpus on its release in 1963 because of the supposedly obscene lyrics. In fact, the song is a harmless song sung by a sailor about his girlfriend, named Louie. Because the lyrics are so garbled, caused by a combination of primitive recording, bad microphone placement, a singer with braces on his teeth, and with a strained voice, the words are unintelligable. However, with the zeal that follows all folk myths, somone started the myth that the lyrics were obscene. This resulted in three tangible results, in ascending order of stupidity - someone actually wrote a set of obscene lyrics which were sung at frat. parties nationwide, the governor of Indiana banned local stations from playing the song, while admitting he didn't know what the words were, and the FBI conducted a two-and-a-half year long investigation, playing the song at all speeds, and interviewing everyone concerned, before giving up! The song is now the second most recorded pop song after 'Yesterday'. So here are the real lyrics, atleast according to one person.


My Dad called again later and said he had this 16 year old hanging around who ate a lot and was kind of annoying, so would I please take him. He said he'd send twenty bucks with him on the plane for my troubles. Sigh. I quickily refused the offer to adopt my younger brother, Ethan. So funny, Dad. Ha. Ha (That was a sarcastic laugh.)

This is Ethan, a couple of years ago. And below is why I do NOT want a teenage boy--I got this picture from Ethan.

No comments: