Tuesday 9 October 2007

Bits and Pieces


Harry Potter

This is an assortment of random videos and pictures for you. Above is a great video for Potter fans and a picture of my daughter who thinks she can walk, albeit not that well as you can see from the large bruise on her cheek.



Leo playing with the kids, it's SOOO wonderful when he is home!! What a terrific husband I have. Funny Leo Story: On Saturday, Leo went to the Priesthood session of conference with his good friend, Thomas. I stayed with his wife Jenny at their house and found out Thomas takes jujutsu. Well, I told this to Leo as soon as they got back because I knew Leo would be so excited. He's been talking about taking some kind of martial art since before we were married and jujutsu was one of the kinds he wanted to try (lately all he's talked about is krav-maga). Anyway, so here's these two guys in their ties, white shirts and dress pants, excited as could be doing jujutsu moves in the family room. Men really are just boys at heart, eh? I love it though. Another thing I love:

Muppets--I love Animal!! Here's Ana and Elena with their cousins in Arizona. So cute!

Last night we had FHE with a whole bunch of other families in the ward. We played sand volleyball, had potluck hamburgers, and let the dozen or so kids run around on the playground (two year olds do pose a serious hazard on a volleyball court and also make for interesting gymnastic moves). It was so much fun!!! Definitely have to do it again sometime.
Ana just before general conference on Sunday. (Aren't I a great shopper--bought the dress on Ebay--I love it!)
Ana and Elena in Arizona. And here's some music I like:
Band of HorsesI tried to put Ana's hair in rollers so it would be curly--it didn't work at all. It didn't have even a slight curl to it in the morning. Any suggestions? And more good music (you should watch this one just for the video--it's fantastic):
Pink Bullets


Elena eating spaghetti. She liked it a lot! And for your random fact for the evening: Bosnian is written in Latin script, but it can also be seen written in the Cyrillic alphabet.

4 comments:

Kayli said...

arrrrrgh! I just wrote a long comment and then my computer ate it! Ruff!!
And it really was long. But I really need to go pick up Jethro from school, even though I don't want to get off my tooshie. But I want to call you anyway, so maybe I'll call you when I get back.
I think you should grow Ana's bangs out. Her dress is adorable. And she is adorable---love the picture of her (and Elena) in Arizona.
And Lena is so cute eating spaghetti. Cute cute. I'm always so GLAD when you post!

The Haws Family said...

Thanks for posting all the cute pictures....and I have no idea what to do with Ana's hair. Crazy that it was in curlers all night and it still didn't curl...maybe you can get it thinned??? They used to thin my hair, but then it doesn't all curl under quite as nicely---it gets more of a mind of its own---so I asked them to quit. I had fun watching the Harry Potter clip last night, late ,and then I had Jennica watch it and we were both laughing. I really should be studying right now...should've been for the last hour in fact, but it was more fun to do Kayli's matching vocabulary, and look at your blog some more.

Hanah said...

Hey Kami,
There is this product by BedHead called Curl up, it is a yellow spray that really works! You do have to do alot of scrunching and blow drying upwards to get a cute curl but it does work. Also the best thing I have done and seen work on people who seem to have uncurl-lable hair is to have the hair totally dry, and 1 day unwashed. Take the hair in 1/2 inch vertical sections, with 1 inch horizontal partings, and spray down the 1/2" vertical section of hair with hairspray. Then wrap that piece of hair around a curling iron, for 30 seconds or until hair is warm to touch. Then let go of the hair, and carefully pull curling iron in downward motion, releasing the hair from off the hot rod, and then spray finishing hairspray upwards and a beautiful curl is formed that lasts for days, literally. Then you alternate the vertical section of curls by curling clockwise and then counterclockwise. Hope this makes sense! It will give you a beautiful smooth professional looking curl that will last and last. (It does take some time, usually about an hour for med-long hair, but is totally worth it. )

Emily said...

The spaghetti picture is PRECIOUS. That one is made for a frame! ;) I love it.