Tuesday 9 April 2024

Heading to Wyoming and Vedauwoo!

And then we were off to Wyoming (with a side trip to Utah) for Ana's wedding. Arwen thought she should come too.  I disagreed.  
Umm, I came the closest I've ever come to running out of gas in Wyoming.  I can't believe I did that.  But we found gas in this itty bitty town with no regular gas station, just an oil pickup/storage spot for the oil drilling companies.  I kind of played eenie-meenie-minie--mo trying to pick which one to fill our car with.  
We stopped for the night at Vedauwoo State Park, we had our camping gear with us anyway, and it's right off the I-80, and we just picked up pizza for dinner as we drove through Cheyenne, so no cooking or cleanup.  The kids were so fast setting up everything!  I was so impressed.  
The next morning we spent a couple hours hiking before hitting the road to Utah again.


It was so beautiful and fun.









I LOVE WYOMING!!

Backwards photo upload.  😬 We hiked some the night we stopped too, in the dark.  But then we smelled a skunk and decided to head back to the tents.  Did not want a run-in with a skunk with a long drive ahead and a wedding!








 

And here's a video to show the emptiness of Wyoming.
This was at Megan's house.  We had the all-consuming need to discover who was slightly taller.  It was intense and heated.  😂😂  We went there first so I could take all the kids to get their travel vaccines in Utah.  Utah, thanks to all the missionaries going out, really knows it's stuff when it comes to vaccines and they are super organized and fast and just so much less hassle than anywhere else I've been.  And then we picked up Ethne and Devaney?  maybe, I can't remember, and drove to Wyoming after our appointments.
This was on the drive through Wyoming heading to Clark. So beautiful!!

No comments: