Monday 8 April 2024

June things

So yeah, like I said before June, July and August were CRAZY.  Literally, I don't remember a more busy time of my life.  I was working full time, Leo was gone flying, the kids had like a million and ten camps, and we had Ana's wedding, and well, August didn't go as planned. BUT here's a pretty moon.
Leo changed out the lights in our house for me so I could bring my lovely ones with me.  Yay!

Elena took the kids to church when I was sleeping between shifts and afterwards took them downtown to the Keeper of the Plains statue.  Elena basically felt like she was the mom for those five months before we moved while I was working full time and trying to get everything packed and ready to go.

Looks like they had a good time.
Aww, pretty Elena.


I think Jubal (???) got an infection in his foot, and I was concerned but it just went away.  I did have him soak it in Epsom salts.  So yeah, aren't you glad that's recorded forever now?
Rainy day!

And yummy food.  We were using up all our food storage like crazy and everything in our freezer. 
My haircut and highlights for Ana's wedding.  I get slightly sick when I think about how much this cost.  Seriously, never again. My hair will have to be just ugly for the rest of my kids' weddings.  😂😭
Literally, it cost hundreds of dollars. 🤢🤢🤢 I didn't really realize that, I just showed the hair stylist a picture and she did whatever she did.  The cut was exactly what I wanted by the way. 

Kids running?  I have no idea where or why this was taken but it reminds me of Kansas, so I'm keeping it in. Actually, Elena informed me this picture was also from Girls' Camp, but now it resides in this post because I'm too lazy to move it. 
We self tested the kids for their blood type.  We needed it for documents in Colombia.
Nicolas is a monkey!!!  Love it!!!

We had our own little homework burning party one evening because the little kids hadn't been included in the older kids' parties.

Little frog.  Oh, this reminds me, there was a frog, (not this one, he was bigger) that lived behind my potted plant on our front porch that spring/summer.  And we saw him almost every time we went in and out of the house.  So we named him Perry and always said hi to him. 😂
 
Leo was an activity night leader with Jubal and Nicolas.  Fun times!

I just thought this was funny.

I made way too many trips to Sierra trying to find everything I thought we'd need for Colombia.  All the kids' wardrobes needed to be multi-functional and small.  Mine too.  Although, since moving here, I found out Amazon delivers here for free, and my wardrobe has grown because I made some bad choices. And kids' socks...why do they never have socks??!?!?  I buy so many, I swear.  Anyway, on one of my trips there I got this entire outfit.  I LOVE it and it came with me to Colombia.  So perfect. 
Practicing for moving to Colombia!


And Leo took these last two photos on one of his overnights in Monterey, Mexico.

Sebastian's Guitar Recital Link
I really love listening to Sebastian practice his classical guitar. Best recital ever, although we left immediately after he played because I was running somewhere else--so crazy busy like I said.

No comments: