Monday 8 April 2024

Our House for Sale

 

The same day we celebrated Nicolas's early birthday, the photographer came to take photos for our house listing.  We waited till July to post our house for sale, and if we had done it sooner in June, we probably would have made almost $100,000 more on our house. 😭😭😭. The whole housing market tanked and yeah, we broke even but that's about it.  Crazy, eh?
We had already moved a ton of furniture out by this time though.  We were trying to make it look less cluttered.  Like the boys' and girls' desks and all my sewing stuff was pretty much moved out too.



A half acre yard was perfect.  I loved that size. 
And yeah, we rented three storage units.  And this is where we crammed everything. 
We took so many loads in our little camping trailer.  And the kids worked SOOOO hard!!  I was so impressed at all they did. 
Have to fit into the elevator.
See girls' room minus their desk and stuff. 
And before that.  I took some of these pictures (like this one) and it's amazing to me how brightening the picture and zooming in to cut some more clutter, etc, just makes the rooms so much more appealing.  They definitely know how to sell a place.


This is before with my sewing desk still there.
See just zooming in a bit changes these two photos so much!





We got boxes from the Horshels (Elena's best friend Kate, and Sebas's best friend Kyle), who had moved earlier that year into a different neighborhood.  They left messages in the boxes for us.  😭
This was when the storage units didn't look crazy insane yet.  I'm so dreading the move when we get back from Colombia.

This is how our house looked while packing.  Yikes.

And more photos that I took before we had everything cleared out to make it look less crowded.
This is my picture from before moving out extra stuff. 








And I think you can tell when the professional photos start above.





Yes, this is how I felt.

No comments: