Thursday 26 January 2023

Miriam's Wedding and Flowers



I helped my sister Andrea plan and decorate for Miriam's reception.  And I did her wedding flowers--sort of.  The bouquet above--that was totally me.  The rest, well, I convinced Andrea that it would be extremely cost effective to buy faux flowers from another wedding off of KSL and let me spray paint them.  She had her doubts but trusted me enough to let me do it.  It worked wonderfully!!  I bought up every color of purple spray paint from four different stores and then went to town.  I was so happy with the results.  Yay!!!  And like I said, I helped Andrea and Miriam visualize and then plan for the rest of the decorations too, and it was so fun.  I love doing stuff like this.  Andrea's best friend Debra helped a ton--they had the reception in Debra's mom's backyard, and Debra strung up all the lights, which just made the whole thing magical.  
Pre spray paint and post.  


All post spray paint.
Pre spray paint.
Post spray paint.
Pre spray paint.  I just took out all the orchids.  They just didn't spray paint well, and then I did buy a couple stems from Hobby Lobby to add in instead.  
Spray painting process.  Had to isolate those flowers.  

It turned out so MAGICAL.  Then Andrea gave Debra all the flowers to thank her for her help because Debra's oldest daughter's favorite color is purple and she knows that will be her wedding colors, so she plans on reusing them.  Makes me happy that they'll still be good for someone else.  



I did redo the cake ones.  














 

2 comments:

Kayli said...

You are an amazing goddess of art and creativity and spray paint. I am so in awe of what you can visualize and then make happen! Her wedding was so gorgeous!!
Our boys are hooligans.
How come noone told me to go take pictures with my spouse in front of the pretty lights. ruff

The Haws Family said...

THE FLOWERS ARE BEAUTIFUL and I was at Debra's house and helped with ALL of the planning...and then I didn't get to be there. Sniff sniff. Also-that pic of the three boy cousins-they should be in a magazine.