Thursday 26 January 2023

Pioneer Day and a Trip to the ER



Not sure when this picture was taken actually.  Oops. But it's a winner!  My sisters all took such great care of me and my kids on this trip.  
Okay, so Pioneer Day in Mendon is the BOMB.  I absolutely love it!!!  Only Pioneer Day in Barnwell is equal in awesomeness.  This was at the parade in the morning. Anyway, I did not actually experience the awesomeness first hand on this particular year because I had had a sinus infection for several weeks and had finally gone to the dentist (okay weird, but my tooth was killing me and it was the dentist who pointed out that it was because I had a sinus infection and the sinus was near my tooth). Anyway, he prescribed Augmentin and I took it for the first time on Friday when I drove to Kayli's house.  I then proceeded to throw up 17 times in 11 hours.  It was awful.  Not only was I throwing up, but my whole bladder control after having kids isn't that great, so with my stomach heaving I also had to make sure I wasn't peeing my pants too.  Ugh.  Maybe TMI, but seriously it was so miserable.  As soon as my stomach had any fluids/acid in it at all, I was vomiting again.  I didn't sleep at all that night, and as soon as morning hit, I called Sterling who called in a prescription for Zofran for me.  Have I ever mentioned that I love that drug?  I do, I really, really do.  Anyway, the dentist called in a new abx prescription for me too.  My sisters took my kids all day for me though, because I was wiped out.




See Mendon's pioneer day included a catching rabbits game.
It also includes a 24 step (?) relay race, one step being a baseball throw. 
Another step was a square dance in required pioneer clothes.  Those boys look pretty lacking though.
Another step was a water dunk thing.  Sebastian was the dunkee. 

The fire department hosed down the crowd. 
Delicious snow cones.


Bounce houses.
Nicolas said, "This (Pioneer Day) is my favorite holiday I had never heard of!!"


Towards the end of the day, I did come lay on the grass and chat with Andrea and Lindsay a bit.  But that was enough to wipe me out so I wasn't there when this happened.
Kayli and Brett took the kids back for fireworks that night and had only just arrived when Jubal ran around the playground in the dark and smack into a pole.
Kayli drove me and Jubal to the ER because she said I still looked woozy. Then we waited I think four hours (we didn't get home till 4 AM) because right after we arrived something happened and cops came and a bunch of people were rushed in and we were no longer top priority.
Look at Jubal be a champ though. He kept trying to smile for pictures!!
The doctor didn't count how many stitches in total he had, there were some internal as well as external so there was a lot!

Stitches the next day.

And just a few weeks later.

1 comment:

Kayli said...

I look like SUPER tall when I wear slight heels and the rest of you aren't, and I'm taller than my sisters who are usually taller than me!

The baseball throw and water dunking were combined--it was supposed to be a water dunk tank imitation. So once the baseball hit the bulls-eye, they got to go pour the water on the kid's head.

That was a fun day. Mendon Pioneer Day is my favorite holiday that I didn't know existed too.

Also, I'm so angry that last year we couldn't do the rabbit chase or chicken chase because of stupid stupid protestors.