Monday 8 October 2018

Labor Day Weekend with the Barneys


My sister Megan and her husband invited us camping over Labor Day to their property in Idaho.  It was so fun!!  Megan took me for a ride on their side-by-side. Leo also took me on a ride, apparently it's so fun that Efraim fell asleep.  Hee. Hee.  I've never gone on ATVs before (besides just around a farmyard).  We had a great time.  And then we spent a day at Bear Lake.  Usually when we go to Bear Lake with Megan, there's so many people there that I just chill on the beach.  But with just our families there, I went waterskiing and kneeboarding!  It was so much fun!  Its been years and years since I've been, and I loved it so much when I was in 5th and 6th grade and we lived in Willard.  So many good memories.  And man, I have a weak body now.



This is what Efraim did the whole time.
 

On Sunday we went to Preston and to had an ice-cream cone and went to Napolean Dynamite's house.  And heck yeah, it was awesome too.
 




The other best part of camping with Megan is she is an AH-MAZING dutch oven cook!!!  So good every meal.  Delicious!  I do have to say though that my raspberry chocolate ganache cake was a winner too. Anyway, we had a great time.  Their property is beautiful and it's always fun camping with Megan and her family.  In fact, we were talking there and we've camped more with each other that any other siblings in our family.
On the way home we randomly stopped at a Wilford Woodruff house that we drove by and yelled for Leo to stop.  But then it turned out to be the house of the wife we're actually related to.  It was fun.  I'm always appalled at the thought of living in such small spaces with tons of kids.

No comments: