Sunday 18 September 2016

Ft. Bridger Mountain Man Rendezvous

Andrea and I were supposed to meet up for the Mountain Man Rendezvous in Ft. Bridger.  The week before I had come out to the Renaissance Festival at Thanksgiving Point, which we also met up with Andrea's family. I forgot my camera, so I'll have to wait for Andrea to post some pictures for me to post some. But the week of the Rendezvous was crazy for both of us.  So we cancelled.  I ended up taking my 5 younger kids though on Labor Day, mostly because I needed to drive to Rock Springs anyway to buy some wood for house projects.  It was fun, but most of the kid activities had taken place on Saturday, so mostly we looked at the seller's booths, which actually the kids found endlessly fascinating.  It was huge!! And they all complained and said, "Why didn't we get to dress up!??!?!?"  Which made my heart happy.  Hee. Hee.  So next year, we're not going to the Renaissance Festival (no offense, but it wasn't that great, although very family friendly), and we'll just go to the Rendezvous.  1840's clothes here I come!  :) Anyway, I let my kids take pictures so here's the random stuff they found interesting in no particular order.  




No comments: