Monday 3 January 2011

What's been up.

Christmas Eve PJs (except Ana who got slippers).
It's been a wonderful Christmas!!! We went to my sister's Megan's house one night and had a fun playing games there with Andrea and Tim, Lindsay and Sterling, and Megan and Jared. Then we spent two nights at my parents house and taught Ana a bit of Rook. And I was able to enjoy my Mom's Christmas musical program in her ward. Beautiful as always. Lindsay and Sterling sing like pros. So gorgeous. Also I loved the double quartet--I almost started crying. Then we came back home and had our own early Christmas Eve and Christmas. I LOVE having a real tree. And I love having real candles on it. (We only let them burn for a short time.) The kids loved their presents, Ana thought her bike was for Leo though. I guess I should have put a tag on it. I just thought it was kind of self evident. Elena loved the Schleich castle we gave to the kids ($20 at a garage sale!! Sweet!!!) and her Polly Pocket Disney princesses. (Her half hour fit about her pink, ruffled, Disney princess pj's being "evil" and "boy" pajamas on Christmas Eve because they were a pant set and not a nightgown was our only problem.) Isabel just plays at whatever Elena is doing, so she was really happy too. And Sebastian, well, he crawls after Elena and Isabel already trying to keep up to them. Then we left the next day on my birthday to go down to Arizona. We celebrated the actual Christmas Day with Leo's parents. It was really nice. The kids were spoiled with more Schleich figurines, and Ana had her dreams come true with a new Ripstick. Leo's brother Cesar spoiled us with a new stroller--hallelujah!--and took us out for dinner. And we went to Tangled and to the zoo. We had a family get-together with all of Leo's relatives that live around Phoenix, and we taught them the Name game and a drawing game. Leo and I went on a date to Sekai Sushi, delicious, delicious, delicious!!! We also went to the temple and had DQ after. Oh, and we went to the temple with our kids and Martha and Orlando one night to see the lights. I liked the display of nativities from around the world. I read three books. I took a couple long baths. I couldn't have asked for a better Christmas, really.

But now that you all know what was going on here's my favorite funny moments.

We went to Walmart and had the oil changed in our van (first time someone's said to me, "Wow! You have a lot of kids!" ) and spent a lot of time playing in the toy section while we were waiting. Isabel picked up a foam battle axe and started coming after me making deep growling noises. First of all, how does she know that is a weapon?? And secondly, I'm sure you had to be there, but she has an intimidating growl. I was laughing so hard.

Another Isabel story: The kids were watching Pollyanna in the van and Ana asked, "What's her name? I know it starts with Polly and ends with Anna, but what is it?" To which Isabel answered, "Pollyanna!!! Pollyanna!!! Pollyanna!!!! Pollyanna!!!!" etc. etc. NONSTOP--because Ana KEPT REPEATEDLY asking us her name, and Leo and I were laughing too hard to answer.

Okay, still another Isabel story. Isabel had wormed her way into sleeping in mine and Leo's bed, but then Leo fell asleep before she and I did (no surprise there). And he started to snore. Isabel crawled over to him and slapped him in the face and said in a very firm voice, "Daddy, be QUIET!" Ummm, that didn't go over too well at the time, but Leo and I laughed about it the next day.

Elena terrorized Honey (Leo's mom's dog) the whole time we were there. Martha said she slept the whole day after we left. Elena carried her around, dragged her around, crawled everywhere after her, and said she wanted to go see Honey again right after we arrived home. Actually, first she said, very enthusiastically, "Wow!!! This is a nice place we have!" as she wandered through our house when she first came in. Then she said she wanted to go see Honey.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

LOL!!!!!! Your cute kids just crack me up.

Glad you had a great Christmas!

Kayli said...

Kami, post some more pictures of your curly hair!!!

danke shon!