Wednesday 12 January 2011

More cookies!!!


Brown Sugar Shortbreads-
From Better Homes and Garden Ultimate Cookies and Bars

1 cup butter, softened
1/2 c packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp apple pie spice (I just added a little bit of spices that I use in my apple pie recipe, which I'm too lazy to go look up right now.)
1/8 tsp salt
2 1/4 c flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with wax paper. Beat b
utter for thirty secs. add brown sugar, spices and salt. Beat in flour. Shape into 1 inch balls and press with cookie stamp dipped in sugar. Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.

The Verdict: I liked the cookie stamps. In fact I found these hugely ornate cookies stamps that sell for $30 for one. I didn't buy those. Here's an example. They're called Springerle cookie molds. Okay, so I guess those are molds and not stamps. But it makes my fingers itch to buy some because they're just so pretty. Anyway, back to the cookie. They were good. We still have a bunch. Does that tell you anything?Now these were gone in 30 mins--no joking. I've never made Meringues before, but I definitely will again. They were Isabel's and Elena's favorites. And Myles. He was trying to get me to make some more right after he ate them all down. And of course the recipe was from the Joy of Baking website. Here's the link. I quite liked them myself too. Different, but good.
And this, well, this is just a pan of melted chocolate. Normally at Christmas time I would be making chocolates, but with my Mom around to make more and better chocolates then I ever could, I decided to try my hand at cookies instead. No one makes Christmas cookies in my family. But I did make peanut clusters for Leo, and fudge and chocolate truffles for me. My mom doesn't make truffles. But she does make Chocolate Mint Centers and she uses dark chocolate for dipping just for me. Aren't I spoiled???!?!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

mmmmm......I love Meringue Cookies!