Wednesday 1 April 2009

Wed. Reminisce: Dad and boyfriends

Sometimes former boyfriends of my sisters have been scared of my Dad. He's really not that scary, see?

There was one time when Kayli and a guy named Thomas were "studying" at the library and incidentally met up with each other and coincidentally Dad and Thomas's dad happened to show up too. Hmm... It doesn't help to pull those things off if your parents work together. Anyway, other than that I can't recall many other instances of Dad being even somewhat scary.

But then I heard this.

Recently, my little sister Lindsay started dating a guy named Christopher who goes to school at WSU. He's getting a degree in education. My dad is the Dean of the Education department at WSU. He went over to poor, poor Christopher's academic advisor and basically pulled all his records, even looked at his picture. ALL of Christopher's professors know he's dating Lindsay and drop hints about it all the time. Now that is a little scary. Lindsay thinks it's funny. I wonder what Christopher thinks.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Yikes! Poor Christopher!

Andrea said...

Just for the record Lindsay--I didn't tell Kami about Christopher. I didn't tell anyone except Timothy. So BAH HUMBUG on your "can you keep a secret" worry.

Also--I had one guy pick me up for a date who was trembling when we left. He went on for about 15 minutes about how scary dad was. All I could think was WHAT??? He's Weird Al and Bill Cosby mixed into an even stranger package. What could possibly be scary about that?? But Timothy has confirmed that Dad is more intimidating than Mom. Maybe it's an "impress the old man" weirdness because I'd vote mom scarier than dad every time.

Kayli said...

One time a guy named Matt said "I feel like if I even held your hand your dad would kill me."

?