Sunday 12 April 2009

Easter Thoughts and More

Happy Easter from my beautiful girls!!!
Loca!!!
Isabel is so cute!!!! She's crawling like crazy now. In Stake Conference today she took off and played with some kids in another family the whole last talk. Ana managed to find all the Easter baskets with only a few hints. I love having kids to enjoy the holidays with!The kids loved their Easter baskets. Elena loved the bubble bath and Ana received double-sided markers which she's been asking for. Elena got some little watercolor paints which she spent the whole morning using till they were almost gone. Later she was twirling in a circle singing, "I love Easter! I love painting!" over and over again. Crazy chica.
Our brightly colored eggs. I love decorating Easter eggs. So fun. I have a hard time watching the kids and just letting them do it. I kept wishing I had boiled some for me.
Elena thinks that's how you wear a headband. It makes me think of a weird Star Trek character or something.
Isabel was tuckered out after all the excitement. We did all of that yesterday, and then today we had dinner at a friend's house. She's British, so we had a traditional lamb dinner and a fruitcake her mum made six weeks ago with eleven marzipan balls on top, representing the eleven apostles of Christ. It was really good. I love traditions. Her husband's French and his mother is visiting, and so we also had chocolate eggs straight from Switzerland (she lives close to Geneva). They were heavenly. There's nothing better than celebrating with friends. So fun. I love having friends that feel like family.I do have to complain just a bit, because I was trying to convince my parents to come out here for Memorial Day weekend to go camping with us at Nauvoo. But they won't because Dad's baby is due. Here's his first baby of the year, Amir Jeedani. Pretty cute little guy, eh? However, are his horses really more important than his children? I mean Kayli's family and Wyatt's family might be there too. Apparently, the horses are more important. Ruff.

Also, here's a great video on Easter, since you know, it's not all chocolate eggs and bunnies.

And in español, just because.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

"I love having kids to enjoy the holidays with!"

I TOTALLY agree with you!

Loved the video too! I don't know how to directly put it on my blog and so I just linked it. So much yet for this old woman to learn. : D

Megan said...

It looks like you had a great Easter!! I am glad - I didn't even help the kids with their eggs I was too busy hoping and hoping none of the dye would get spilled. Loved to see the pics of your kids!@! Miss you!