Wednesday 29 April 2009

Wed. Reminisce: High School Grad

When I graduated high school in 2000, my Dad tried to have the school let my little sister Kayli graduate too. They wouldn't let her, despite having completed all the necessary credits for graduation with a 4.0 and 33 ACT score and she had a 4 yr. full tuition scholarship to USU including a stipend for living expenses. Yeah, I was never jealous. :) Anyway, they wouldn't let her graduate early because the school was paid per number of students and as North Dakota has a decreasing population, they try to hold on to students. So in protest, I didn't attend my graduation. No, not really. I just really find graduations the most boring things in the world. To escape, I went to Fort Mandan with my dad.
But Dad thought we should have the gown and pictures anyway, so he let us put on HIS gradutaion robes that he had to wear to the university graduations. Only it wasn't even his, it's not in the color of the education department, he borrowed it from a friend in the computer science department. Not that it matters. Dad is just funny.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

That's hilarious. I didn't attend my BYU grad (what was the point?? boring, boring, boring and nobody there to see me anyway--not that I'm bitter that Mom flew to Derek's and is flying to Derek's again and even wants to attend Brett's a mere son-in-law). BYU mailed Dad my diploma and when I went home for a brief visit between schools Dad made Mom take a picture of him handing me the diploma with great pomp and weird faces. I was holding Danica (as a baby) so the picture is more than a little strange.

Hanah said...

LOL :D I love how GINORMOUS the robes are on both of you little skinny gals! :D That's cute your dad wanted you all to have a picture in a graduation gown. :)

Hanah said...

LOL I just realized the gowns look kind of like Kimonahs sp? hahah :D I love it! You could tell your kids you graduated in Japan. :D