Wednesday 8 April 2009

Happenings at our casa

1. First and foremost: Leo refinished our table!!!!! Isn't it beautiful!?!?!? He did such a great job. I would show you a before picture, but there are some things that are better forgotten. And do you notice the lovely chairs? I have to take back the bad things I said about Ikea. Leo tightened the screws on our one chair and it is no longer wobbly. So we've been able to get two more. Soon, no more ugly metal ones. :) 2. Elena says "lubbly" for lovely all the time. She also says, "Oh my GOODNESS!" It's really funny.
3. Ana, looking beautiful as always. She's so happy because she gets to start soccer soon.
4. Elena is scared of Larry Boy and the Fib from Outer Space, but she watched Willow with Ana just fine. Kids are weird.
5. Another beautiful picture of Ana in her new dress. I love Target.
6. This is Isabel in a very old dress. In fact it was Olivia's, so 10 yrs old. I wanted it from Amy since I was a teenager, so my daughters could be Russian princesses.
7. Isabel learned to crawl this week. She's doing the army crawl, but she spends half the time up on her hands and knees, she just can't move forward yet in that position.
8. Elena's become obsessed with princesses lately. What a crazy goose. The other day I tried on my pioneer dress from when I was 16--and it still fit. Elena saw me and she was so excited. She squealed, "Mommy!! You a princess, mommy!!" And kept repeating it over and over.

9. The reason I tried it on was because back in March our Relief Society had a dinner celebrating the anniversary of Relief Society being organized and you were supposed to come dressed as a pioneer, only I didn't because I didn't understand. The best part though, was that they asked Leo to play José Smith in a reenactment of it's organization. When they asked him, Leo was concentrating on something else and was just agreeing without paying attention to what he was agreeing to, until they said, "And you have to dress up like Joseph Smith." That got his attention, but he had already said yes. Hee. Hee. Anyway, we tied a former Zorro sash around his neck for a cravat (we looked that up on the internet) and he put on a vest I had in the costume box and turned his collar up with just the very ends turned down. And he combed his hair in at his temples, and anyway, he looked great. The best latino José Smith you've ever seen. I'm laughing again just thinking about it.10. Someone thought they were funny in our apartment building. Made me laugh anyway.
11. Ana finished her first piano lesson book. Yeah Ana!
12. Yesterday, Leo and I voted in our general election. Is it still good to vote if you're completely uninformed?
13. Well, I guess that's all I have to say today.

4 comments:

Lynn said...

No. 1 - WOW! Go Leo! Looks great!
No. 5 - She is a VERY beautiful child.
No. 6 - Love it! She is adorable!!
No. 8 - LOL! Cute overcoat!
No. 10 - Smart idea. Wish I had thought of that. : S
No. 12 - Yup! Totally!

Brooke said...

Kami,
THis is a response to your rating of Walking Drum. 4 out of 5 is not acceptable! It is my all time favorite book, 5 out of 5!!!!! So you better get it right next time or I will give you the mark of the coward.
Doc

Kristi said...

you still fit in a dress from when you were 16! wow. I wish. I don't even fit in my wedding dress. maybe someday I will be thin again. maybe not.

Hanah said...

Kami you're table really is BEAUTIFUL! Isn't it great having a handy husband around? :D haha Love all the pictures, and all the fun sayings, and goin ons around your place. :D