Friday 11 April 2008

Project Indiana

On Tuesday, I pulled Ana from school and made a trip down to good ol' Indiana to visit my sister Kayli. Besides getting my hair cut, I mostly helped her with a few projects. Okay, I harassed her endlessly on the two projects she asked me to do because, well, I don't like to leave projects (at least other people's projects) unfinished.

Project 1: Floral Arrangement. Why I told Kayli to buy white ribbon instead of cream when the flowers are cream, I don't know. But I told her to try staining a bit of the leftover ribbon with tea, and then if that works, to do it on the rest. It really bugs me now when I look at these.
Ethne is darn cute. The arrangement is not at all what it started out to be when I started making it, but Kayli likes it, so all is good. However, Jethro was horribly annoyed that the flowers were upside-down and kept insisting we change it.
The finished project up on the wall. Well, sort of finished. Kayli's going to tie the ends of the sticks with twine, but we didn't have any, so we just used some other ribbon.
Project 2: Kayli's photo collage. I painted most of these frames with three coats of paint, and then helped Kayli arrange them and decide which picture should go where. Kayli, of course, had ultimate say and voted down quite a few of my recommendations. But she gave me veto power over Brett. Hee. Hee. She has to get the photos printed out in the right size, then this will go up on her wall. Fun. Fun.

Now we're all safely back home and waiting for Leo to get home tomorrow. Hurray!! We're going on a date Saturday night. :)

8 comments:

Lynn said...

I love your project ideas. So cool! Hope you don't mind me stealing them. Where did you get the twigs? Craft shop?

Kami said...

Yep, Michael's

Kayli said...

Actually, they're from Hobby Lobby.

And Kam, I tried the tea, it worked great, in fact, made the excess ribbon too dark, so I lightened it up a lot for the arrangement, but now I think I'll have to go back and darken them a bit.

And did I mention, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

Hanah said...

Kami those are really cute! I especially love the picture frame idea, we just have this huge wall with one little pipsqueak picture on it, but can't afford the really big artwork pictures, so I was really excited to see your cute idea of arranging all the frames, to make a beautiful wall covering per se. Did you just have them around already or did you come across a great deal on them?

Kami said...

Kayli bought all the frames at Goodwill--over a period of a couple months. She said she spent about $20 on the them total. They were all different colors--that's why I had to paint them.

The Haws Family said...

Kami, I like your new look! Your site is so very different from anything I would choose, yet I love love love it! I miss you. Come visit me again! Oh yeah, and about coming to Chicago....we should talk sometime! Lindsay

Lynn said...

Oooo! I am loving your new blog look!

Andrea said...

KAMI--I FINISHED MY LETTER!! THE BIG FIGHT HAS TAKEN PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOODNESS WE ARE PRACTICALLY NEWBERRY WINNERS!! Hee hee. Okay, I got a little teeny-tiny bit carried away with that last part. Still, I haven't sent it to you yet because my co-author wanted to approve it yada yada. Still, if you are curious as to what happens . . . you should call me. Beg me, cajole me, and I will probably (absolutely) send it to you. Chow.