Monday 21 April 2008

Finally

Yes, I am finally writing. It's seems like forever since I last wrote on here. It's been busy, mostly though, I've just been playing around with my new layout. Which, just so you know, this is still a prototype. I'm not done, not yet. But I did finish the layout for my other blog--the book club one, An Education. The links on the side if you want to see it. I also finished our last book on there and wrote my essay about it. It's pretty dry. In other news, we went to the Art Institute of Chicago on Friday. Ana was out of school and well, she didn't really enjoy it that much, but I sure did! She liked playing in the water at Millineum Park best. I don't really blame her. Here's some things we saw and Ana and Elena at the water towers.
I love the chairs.
This was mine and Leo's favorite painting, Bordighera by Claude Monet. It's funny how similiar of tastes we have. Only I love textiles (the textile exhibit was closed this time, but I've been to it before) and Leo doesn't like them at all really. Oh well. I wanted to go to the Winslow Homer exhibit but it cost extra and with the kids we decided not to. Maybe I'll get a babysitter and go by myself one of these days.

Oh and for the curious, Leo and I had a blast on our date the other week. There was a stake dance, 14 and up, that we went to. They were doing a little thing on each of the high school seniors, so mostly it was the teenagers and their parents there, but Leo and I really just had a blast. I love dancing!! We're very enthusiastic. :) (Although my bladder at six months pregnant doesn't handle the polka like it used too.) Afterward we stayed and talked to the DJ, Paul, while he put away his equipment. He's LDS, and said he'd DJ for any church function for free--why didn't I know him in Febuary when we were planning our Valentine's dance?!?!?!? Errr... It was funny the mix of music because there were a lot of Hispanics at the dance (yeah! Latin dancing is the best!), so he played some merengue, salsa, country, techno, one swing, one reggaeton, etc. He was from Venezuala and so when we said goodbye, he wouldn't let Leo shake his hand but gave him a hug, because he said they were "brothers." Hee. Hee. Anyway, he was very nice, very talkative, and I'm definitely keeping his business card for future activities.

3 comments:

Kayli said...

Kam, I love your background, and your header is coming along fabulously. It's so unique and so you.

Does that make it younique?

Lynn said...

Oh good one Kayli!
Kami...you are so lucky to have such wonderful art there where you live. I am so jealous. If I lived closer, I would take a day and go see the textiles with you.
BTW---that was so cute about the DJ giving Leo a hug instead of a handshake. Sure wish more of us would feel such brotherliness like that here in this country of ours.

Kayli said...

My favorite header is the one with the huge red lettering, and a picture of the stone guy-thing.

The green one is okay, except I think it looks like La Latorre Family instead of La Familia Latorre, which I think is better. The rest are all perty good too.