Saturday 5 April 2008

The Birds and the Bees

Dad said Ana was a great helper around his little farm. She helped him trim the horses hooves, trim their manes, and feed them. She woke up early almost every morning we were in Utah to go out and do chores with Grandpa. She went to the vet with him when one of the horses cut her leg and had to get stitches. And she went again with Grandpa to the vet when one little horse started figuring he was a stallion (one of the mares was in heat) and Grandpa decided to fix that. Literally.

Which leads me to the point on the birds and the bees. Dad claims I owe him money now to compensate for him having to explain a few of the facts of life to Ana. Hee. Hee. Not only the time when he explained that they were gelding the horse, but on a different day Ana asked how you tell a girl horse from a boy horse. Dad decided to just straight out tell her and then she went around checking all the horses to see which ones were which. I laughed out loud to hear that. Farms are really great for these purposes I think. I remember once walking up to our house in Willard when I was in 6th grade and Wyatt in 2nd. Wyatt asked me why Wally, our stallion, was jumping up on Fazelle. I referred him to Dad. I really think I'm going to continue that tradition and bring all my kids to Grandpa's when they're around this age and let Grandpa explain it all. But then again it might get costly.

3 comments:

The Haws Family said...

That was A-W-E-S-O-M-E! Dad is amazing.

Lynn said...

LOL! Thank goodness for Grandpas and Farms. My hats off to your dad! : D

Lynn said...

P.S. Hi Lindsay.