Thursday 3 April 2008

Home At Last

Yes, I am finally home!!! But here are some things I miss from my mom's house already. The creative sleeping arrangements. This is Elena's playpen in a closet/kitchenette (it has a sink).
Once again, creative sleeping arrangements. This is where my little sister slept. Yes, it is the garage. The bed used to be in the theater room, but my parents found that an unacceptable with my little brother's (17 yrs old) friends and girlfriends around. I don't know why the couch is in there. The monkey tree. This tree has been around since I was in 6th grade. We decorated it one year for Christmas instead of getting a Christmas tree. Since I was in high school it has become the home of an assortment of monkeys and gorillas. Not always the same ones mind you. Sometimes I've seen up to seven or eight in there. Even when the tree used to be in my mom's nice living room. I love it.

The trip lasted longer than it was supposed to. We were supposed to come home Sunday but got stuck in Phoenix. After waiting all afternoon at the airport, Leo left and I called my sister and asked to stay at her house for the night. Monday looked horrid for flights too, so we didn't even bother to try that day, which gave me the opportunity to make the above arrangement for my sister Amy. It's hanging on her daughter's door. Tuesday we tried again and spent 12+ hours at the airport. Luckily, Wednesday morning we finally caught the first flight out to Chicago. Flying standby definitely calls for a flexible schedule. While we were in Phoenix, my mother-in-law had a little birthday party for Ana , which was sweet of her. Ana was happy to miss more school too. I was tired--Elena stayed up one night from 12-4 AM. But all's well now that I'm home!

2 comments:

Kayli said...

KAmi, I love love love love love love LOVE that flower arrangement!!!!

Lynn said...

Welcome home! I had to laugh at the creative sleeping arrangements.....I thought only my parents did that.. Yup! They have a double bed, two bunk beds and a couch in their garage too. Ones that are well used every time family comes home. Every nook and cranny is filled with bodies. Too funny, but a whole lot of fun! BTW - Love your flower craft too!