Wednesday 13 December 2023

Sunday Gulch Trail and Sylvan Lake and Crazy Horse Memorial

In no particular order, we spent the next rainy morning at the Crazy Horse Memorial Museum. Luckily, by the time we left it had started to clear up, so it was turned into perfect hiking weather by the time we reached Sylvan Lake and started the Sunday Gulch Trail.  By the time we finished the trail it was hot.  The first part of the Sunday Gulch Trail was really cool, I can see why it's a popular hike.  And I wish we had been able to spend more time at Sylvan Lake as we originally planned, but with the rain, we had changed our plans.  Anyway, I don't remember much from this day, except Leo was tired of carrying kids by the end of it.  Poor guy.  






This was towards the beginning of Sunday Gulch.  It was chilly as the snow attest to.




Sylvan Lake is beautiful!



Northern Leopard Frogs are my favorite frogs.



This is where Leo was not feeling it anymore.







I love Shooting Stars so much!!!  They grew at my grandpa's ranch in Alberta and I loved picking them as a kid walking through the fields.  Those and buttercups.  



The kids did a scavenger hunt at the museum and loved it.  They always ask now if there is a scavenger hunt when we go to museums.  



1 comment:

Kayli said...

This looks cool!
I miss you.