Monday 24 May 2021

Totally Rad 80's Prom Birthday Bash

My awesome cousin Kandi asked me to make her a 80's prom dress for her totally rad 80's Prom 50th birthday party.  She rented a ball room and everything!!!  I thought it would be fun to make so I said yes.  But then I totally wrecked it and I felt awful.  So remind me never to say yes again to anyone.  But the party was super fun!!  Amy, Kayli, Mom and I drove up together.  It was nice to chat and just spend time together.
Kayli's awesome do.
Getting ready at the hotel.

We were late because we had to grab some dinner and swing by Walmart.  But I think going to Walmart was one of the highlights of the night.  People are so funny trying not to stare but still staring.
Kandi in the dress I made her.  Kandi's super nice though and was very gracious about the whole thing.  
I just bought a vintage dress off of Etsy and a wig and jewelry, and then swung by the thrift store in my town and found the perfect shoes.
Rockell and Tamara. Two other cousins.
My mom with Karen and Kandi (they're twins and were crowned prom queens.). My mom wore one of Kandi's dresses from the 80's.  
The whole group.

It seriously was so fun, I haven't laughed so hard in ages.
Rockelle and I with our punk looks.
Clay (Kandi's brother) and Amy.  Their outfits were some of my favorites!





After it ended we stood in the parking lot and talked with Kandi and Karen and Rockelle for another two hours.  😂 

No comments: