Wednesday 4 November 2020

The Top of the Rockies Scenic Drive

So we drove a bit on Saturday night along the scenic byway near our campground, because we didn't really intend to go home that way, but after driving it that night we decided to drive it all the next day.  It was so beautiful!  It reminded me of Going-to-the-Sun Highway, although it wasn't really as cool, but it was pretty.  We stopped in a town on Sunday and had dinner at the Doc Holliday Saloon (not that good) and I wish we had driven home through Steamboat Springs, but instead we went through Vernal.  Anyway, I love driving roads I've never been on before.  Gives you a sense of the countryside, I guess.  Also, the old abandoned mining town was neat. And it was neat to see Leadville (home of the Unsinkable Molly Brown and over 10,000 ft up). I wish we were just two weeks later driving through it all, we would have caught the fall colors perfectly.  But it was so wonderful to spend time with Leo.  And the weather was beautiful.  













I wonder why the river was this color, I've only seen that before in Yoho National Park in Canada.  A weird milky grey blue color. 






























No comments: