Wednesday 28 October 2020

Ding and Dang Canyon

 

Sometimes towards the beginning of September Leo and I went on a weekend away.   We were supposed to go backpacking in the Winds, but then it snowed and turned crazy cold so instead we headed south and camped near Goblin Valley State Park and hiked Ding and Dang Canyon.  It was so much fun!!!  We didn't see a soul on the trail and it was so nice just being him and me.  The hike was a blast too.  And then we camped on BLM land nearby in utter darkness and beautiful stars.  Its way easy to camp with backpacking dehydrated meals and no kids and just the two of us.  We had the tent set up, ate, and were in bed in 15 minutes of parking.  I slept so much on the trip.  That sounds weird, but we just went to bed when it got dark and I slept like 10 hours every night.  That may have been my favorite part actually.  Gosh I'm old.  

















































No comments: