Wednesday 14 October 2020

September


     September pretty much flew by, just like the months before it.  I changed schedules at work because Leo was called to be the president of the Spanish Branch at church in our area, and I didn't think it would be good for me to be sleeping all Sunday when I knew he would be gone.  So now I work Tuesday nights. It makes for a pretty crazy week and Sebas has more than once managed to get himself and his two little brothers to school in the morning.  I have very mixed feelings about working--I very much love the financial freedom it gives me to buy "extras" but it does have a toll on our family and the time I used to be able to sew and exercise, etc.  Anyway, Efraim was so funny in these pictures.  I was cutting up beef for fajitas and he asked what I was doing and I said "cutting beef--it's a cow".   And he was absolutely horrified.  "No Mom no! I like cows!!" etc.  And I said, "Yes, you like to eat them, and chickens and pigs."  At this he started sobbing, "I LOVE chickens! No!!!!"  (He held some baby chicks at Megan's a few weeks before and he has a memory like an elephant.)  "Make it come alive!!!"  and I said, "Only Jesus can do that."  So he very solemnly and sincerely prayed for the cow to come alive and checked the cooler after just to see.  Kind of heartbreaking, but hilarious as well.  Of course that night at dinner, the beef was the only thing he ate.  



I plowed up a spot to plant irises.  Leo and I dug up the dying bushes in our neighbor's yard (they said we could) and next spring I'm planting a new hedge of Nanking Cherries.

I also planted 325 bulbs of crocuses, snowdrops, and muscari.  I so hope they all grow.  I love flowers so much.  And I dug up a bush in the backyard too and planted some Sarvest berries.  Again, so hoping they live and grow.  
Efraim wears that lion hat all. the. time.  It's pretty adorable actually. 

And occasionally he wears his cloak.  He also wore Isabel's pink dress that she wore FOREVER all the time, until it shredded and Leo and I threw it away.  Poor kid, he wanted to be a princess for Halloween, and I trashed his costume.  




I think Efraim was eating ice in these pictures.

I need a bigger sewing room.  Sigh.
I bought this beautiful baby because my Kenmore's tension died again, and my Viking is off at the shop to be fixed as well and that machine is gutless anyway.  It's a 66 Singer from the 1940's.  I've been looking for one for the last year or so off and on.  And finally came across one in good condition at the right price. So stinking HAPPY about this machine.

Look at all those lovely attachments!!!  Leo helped me clean it and oil it and I replaced some wiring and lightbulb etc.  It works like a dream.  

No comments: